Photo: Google

By THE PULSE NEWS MEXICO STAFF

The Guerrero State Attorney General’s Office (FGEG) on Saturday, Oct. 2, reported that the cause of Acapulco’s iconic Baby’O nightclub fire was due to arson.

After reviewing a video recording showing unidentified men pouring what appeared to be gasoline on the premises and then lighting the area that was delivered to the Public Ministry on Friday, Oct 1, the FGEG concluded that the fire on Wednesday, Sept. 27, was an act of arson.

The Prosecutor’s Office will continue to collect more information and evidence to determine who caused the fire and no line of investigation is ruled out.

Baby’O, an Acapulco landmark, first opened its door in 1976 and has been a favorite hangout for Mexicans and foreigners over decades.

Leave a Reply